Designs and Models
Protect the appearance of your products
Design law protects the appearance of products, regardless of their nature, as for example shoes, jewels,, clothes, designer furniture, or packaging.
The grant of this right requires a formality of filing before the INPI. If your creation meets all the necessary conditions, it will be protected for 5 years, renewable 5 times.
Design right allows to obtain a dual protection (copyright/design rights) and to effectively enforce the rights of the creator in the event of a third party’s reproduction without permission.
How we can help you
Filing Your Creation
We will help you to study the opportunity to file a design in view of the validity conditions set out in national and European legislation.
- Search for priorities in France and abroad
- Determining the geographical extent of the design application (national Design, European Union Design or international Design)
- Filing your design online
Manage Your Design Title
We also support you in managing your Design portfolio;
- Answering to official offices’ notifications
- Renewing your title
- Monitoring of third-party designs
Defending Your Design Rights
We also intervene to defend your interests in the event of an infringement of your design rights.
- Sending cease and desist letters
- Seizure proceedings
- Infringement actions
- Nullity actions, Design ownership claims,
- Actions in unfair competition
Design And Contracts
Because your design has a high economic value, we negotiate and write contracts to enhance and secure it.
- Designs Licensing Contracts
- Assignment agreements
- Order contracts for product design
Assistance of a French hotel group as part of a pre-litigation on the services of renown Italian designers (architecture and furniture design).
Litigation – infringement
The office has assisted a company specialized in the fashion sector in the context of infringement actions of its aesthetic creations.
Assisting an Italian company in the field of designer furniture in the context of a customs seizure.