Claire Weyl has been a lawyer at the Paris Bar since 1999. She is a founding partner of the intellectual property law office Kern & Weyl and works with Castaldi Partners as a consultant (IP alliance).
She began her career in London in British Telecom’s Intellectual Property Department and then worked with Salès Vincent and Partners (now Denton Wilde Sapte), before joining the Intellectual Property Group of Baker and Mc Kenzie in Paris, where she practiced for more than 11 years.
She advises and assists large companies and SMEs in the management of their intellectual property rights (drafting consultations, contracts, developing trademarks strategies and monitoring registration procedures, audits, etc.) particularly in the sectors of automotive, fashion, cosmetics, food, energy, IT, hospitality, sports and pharmaceuticals.
She also represents clients in national and pan-europeans legal disputes in matters of trademarks, designs, copyright, domain names and unfair competition and administrative litigation before INPI and the European Authorities (EUIPO and ECJ).
She is a member of the Association of Practitioners in Trademarks and Designs Law (APRAM).
Her working languages are French and English.
- Representing Automobiles Citroën in legal action (first instance and appeal) and actions before the European Authorities against the Polestar Performance AB and Polestar Holding AB companies (subsidiaries of the Volvo Car Group and the Geely Group) in the context of the infringement of its reputed trademark (double chevron trademark). See the article
- Representation of a trademark owner in the wine and spirits sector in an infringement action against a large spirits group.
- Assistance of a French chain of luxury hotels as part of its development in China and drafting franchise and license agreements.
- Defending one of the main company in the automotive field against a famous contemporary art artist.
- Representation of a Chinese sports industry company in two disputes over revocation actions for non-use of the trademark.
- Robert Schuman Strasbourg University, Master of Private Law
- CEIPI (Centre for International Studies in Intellectual Property), Intellectual Property Post Graduate Degree (DESS).
- “Use of trademarks as keywords: Supreme Court requests ECJ ruling”, Globe White page: Intellectual Asset Management Magazine, January 2008.
- “2004: A year of significant changes for the Community trademark”, Globe White Page, January 2004.
« Tania Kern and Claire Weyl are both great. They are different personalities with different strengths and supplement each other very well. »
« The Team is very well functioning and has a high quality at partner and associate level. They provide very good quality for reasonable prices. »
Legal 500 – 2023
« Claire Weyl is very involved in her cases and always available for her clients. »The Legal 500 EMEA 2022