Tania Kern has been a lawyer at the Paris Bar since 1997 and acquired the specialty in Intellectual Property in 2002. She is a founding partner of Kern and Weyl and a Consultant of CastaldiPartners as part of the Intellectual Property Alliance.
Tania Kern began her career in 1997 alongside an intellectual property litigation lawyer before joining the intellectual property group of Baker and Mc Kenzie, where she practiced for more than 13 years.
She handles all kinds of intellectual property matters involving trademarks, patents, designs and/or copyrights before civil and criminal courts. In particular, she coordinated national and international anti-counterfeiting action plans. She is thus particularly qualified in transnational cases and has notably pleaded before the Court of Justice in Luxembourg in a case relating to the law of trademarks on referral of the Court of Cassation.
In addition to litigation, she is involved in all areas of intellectual property law and unfair competition and has a strong experience in contract law, particularly in the field of research and development.
She represents companies from a variety of industries, including fashion, sports, hospitality, gaming and pharmaceuticals.
She is a member of APRAM and AIPPI.
Her working languages are French and English. She also has a good knowledge of the German language.
- Defending a major American group of the fashion industry in cases involving the sale of counterfeit products especially on the Internet.
- Advising a famous French luxury house on planning its anti-counterfeiting strategy.
- Assistance of a company in the field of sportswear in filing a request for the intervention of the French customs authorities on the basis of its trademarks.
- Introducing an action on behalf of a large French company in the sector of luxury underwear to obtain the revocation of a French trademark for non use.
- Acted for a trademark holder in the wine and spirits sector to defend one of its trademarks during the first five years of its registration in C-622/18 before the Luxembourg Court of Justice.
- Assistance of a company specialized in the fields of beauty products and medical devices in the drafting and negotiation of research and development contracts, NDA, patent licenses and patent co-ownership agreements.
- University of Paris II Assas, DESS in Industrial Property, 1995
- University of Paris I Pantheon Sorbonne, DEA of English and American Business Law,1994
- Robert Schuman Strasbourg University, Master of Business Law and Certificate of European Business Law, 1993
- Leiscester University, Certificate of English legal studies, 1992
- Author of the book “The Counterfeit Goods : IdentifyIng Reacting Fighting,” published by Lamy Axe Droit.
- Contribution to the writing of the intellectual property section of the “Guide to Customs Procedures,” published by Wolters Kluwer and regular publication of articles related to intellectual property.
- Day of study Of legislative news in intellectual property law and digital law organized by the University of Nantes on the new provisions of trademark law, 2019.
- Italy meets France in IP – A story of food and fashion“, AIPPI Lyon, 2019
- Study day organized in Paris by the Forum Institut für Management GmbH, 2014
- Regularly speaks at seminars and conferences on intellectual property law issues.
« Tania Kern and Claire Weyl are both great. They are different personalities with different strengths and supplement each other very well. »
« The Team is very well functioning and has a high quality at partner and associate level. They provide very good quality for reasonable prices. »
Legal 500 – 2023
« Tania Kern is a tough litigator. »The Legal 500 EMEA 2020
« Tania Kern combines a deep knowledge of the subject matter with a solid expertise in contractual law »The Legal 500 Paris 2019
« The event is hosted by Tania Kern, whose legal relevance is coupled with great accessibility »The Legal 500 Paris 2016
« The activity is led by the very clever and astute Tania Kern who impresses with her very powerful and precise writings and conclusions. »The Legal 500 Paris 2014